TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SUR-VIDHYA “RELIGIOUS SINGING COMPETITION”
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SUR-VIDHYA “RELIGIOUS SINGING COMPETITION”
“Sur Vidhya” a “Religious Singing Competition” (herein after referred to as the "Contest") is organized by M/s Jain Telemedia Services Ltd, a company registered under the Companies Act, 1956 ("Organizer") through its channel “JINVANI” on such terms and conditions as stated here under ("Terms and Conditions").
The concept of "Sur Vidhya" is based on core ‘Jainism’ principles and beliefs which motivate all of us to pay back to the society. Therefore, Jinvani Channel, a venture of Jain Telemedia Services Limited (“Organizer”), with the blessings of a renowned ascetic, has conceptualized Sur Vidhya, a platform to unlock, recognize and promote singing talent.
Sur Vidhya, an International level event is “Religious Singing Competition” and open for all contestants between the age group of 18-70 years.
The contest shall be held at our studio (Agra). The detailed schedule shall be shared to all concerned.
The Contest shall be promoted through “JINVANI” (“On-Air Platform”) and through various social media platforms viz Facebook page (www.facebook.com/jinvanichannel), You Tube Page (www.youtube.com/jinvanichannel), Instagram page (www.instagram.com/jinvanichannelofficial) and Twitter page (JinvaniOfficial).
Contestants to register their name by submitting online application form that shall be available from 26th January 2019 at our websites www.survidhya.com and www.jinvanichannel.com .While submitting the application contestant must attach an Audio - Video file (Jain Religious Bhajan only of 02 minutes / 10 MB) alongwith other mandatory documents for Age, Identity and Address proof. The steps are as follows:
1. Online Registration
4. Knockout Round
5. Quarter Final
7. Grand Finale
A. ELIGIBILITY CRITAREA
- The age limit for Contestant is 18-70 years.
- Contestant shall have to perform individually, without forming any team or group.
- Contestant can be Indian citizen / NRI (Non-Resident Indian) or any Foreign Citizen.
- Employees, agents and promoters (including their immediate family members) of Organizer and any of their divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries, and others associated with the contest in any manner, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- The contestant(s) should be of sound mind and health and must have not been disqualified by law or have any criminal record.
B. VALID DOCUMENTATION
Contestant(s) have to submit online a valid ID, Address and Age Proof as mentioned here below at the time registration and copy of same have to be provided to company if get selected for auditions,failing to which Contestant(s) shall not be allowed to participate in the contest.
For Indian Contestants:
a) Photo ID (any one): PAN Card, Aadhar Card or any ID/Document legalized by the Govt. of India as valid ID Proof.
b) Address Proof (any one) : Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License, Passport or any ID/Document legalized by the Govt. of India as valid Address Proof.
c) Age Proof (any one) : Class Xth Marks sheet / Certificate or Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation.
For NRI / Foreign Contestants:
a) Valid Passport
b) Visa with adequate validity period
C. REGISTRATION PROCESS
1. The registration shall commence from Jan 26, 2019.
2. For registration, contestant(s) must follow the following instructions:
a) i) Please visit on website: www.jinvanichannel.com and click on Sur Vidhya tab to fill the registration form,
ii) or can directly visit our website www.survidhya.com for filling the registration form.
b) Contestant(s) must then click on the Sur Vidhya registration page where the contestant(s) will be directed to upload an audio-video Jain Religious bhajan sung by himself/herself and submit it (“Registration Video”) or contestant(s) can also paste URL link also if they have any, by scrolling down.
c) Once performed Audio - video along with the registration details uploaded completely, then the contestant(s) shall be considered to have successfully registered for Sur Vidhya contest.
d). Registration videos must conform to the following requirements:
i) The maximum time/size of the video to be uploaded shall be 02 minutes / 10 MB.
ii) The registration video must be of the contestant(s) singing himself / herself with clear Audio (voice) and no humming is allowed.
iii) Registration video must not contain any other member except contestant.
iv) Incomplete, erroneous and/or submission of video submitted after the 15th March 2019 shall be considered null and void.
v) Organizer shall not be responsible for any technical disruption and /or failure /server problems and / or any other difficulties of such nature, due to which the contestant is unable to upload video.
vi) Registration videos must NOT contain material which is sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent (for example, relating to murder, weapons, cruelty abuse etc), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (for example, underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking etc), offensive, threatening profane or harassing.
vii) Registration videos must NOT include, mention or feature any uncleared copyrighted material.
viii) Registration videos must NOT contain derogatory references to the company, the channel etc.
ix) Registration video must NOT contain any third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location sing age etc.
x) All Registration videos, audios, pictures and other text material uploaded by the contestant(s) on the web should be original and should not attract any copyright issues/claims by any other individual/party.
xi) Organizer will be liable or held responsible in case of any disputes/copyrights issues with respect to the audition video uploaded on the website by the contestant(s).
xii) Organizer will be given the undisputed right to use the audition videos uploaded by the participant and to cut/edit/alter the same to suit its use in promotion of the show and/or to post it on its website or any medium in any manner now known or hereinafter invented without the approval of the participant. Uploading the audition videos by Organizer on any platform will in no case be the indicator of selection of the participant in the competition.
xiii) Organizer has the right to reject posting of the audition videos on to its website in case it felt that the same is inappropriate or for any other subjective reason such as, not meeting its creative standards, not clear, video being blank, or that the video does not meet the Organizer standards as per the programming code.
xiv) Once uploaded and published, participant(s) are not allowed to request for removal, editing or altering the entry in any manner whatsoever.
xv) All Registration videos shall be internally evaluated and selected by Organizer creative team. Organizer is not liable to disclose its scoring method/selection process and will not entertain any questions/objection/query with respect to the same.
xvi) Organizer will not be responsible for the registration videos that have been lost due to traffic, service breakdown at the end of the internet device provider, or the closure of the registration lines while the registration is in the progress.
xvii) By submitting the registration videos, the participant hereby grants to Organizer, in perpetuity, an exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable and freely transferable right to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, adapt, reformat, translate, and otherwise exploit and perform all or any portion of the registration videos for any purpose whatsoever throughout the universe, including, without limitation, in connection with (i) the show, including without limitation, advertising, marketing, promotion, merchandising and the exploitation of any and ancillary and subsidiary rights, and redistributing part or all of the show (and derivative works thereof), and (ii) the business of organizers network of internet websites, wireless applications, interactive television, video on demand and any other media or technology (including without limitation, internet protocol, wireless or interactive platforms or interfaces) through which the organizers may distribute content to end users, whether now existing or hereafter developed (together, the “Platforms”), in any and all media distribution and advertising and promotional purposes, without accounting, notification, credit or other obligation to the Registrants.
E. ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
a) Accommodation & Food facility (only vegetarian and without liquor) shall be provided by the organization on its own from audition round to the stage till the contestant(s) reach.
F. CLOTHING INFORMATION
1. Clothing and Accessories shall be arranged by the contestant by himself/herself for performing throughout the contest and mandate not to wear green colour in any form of clothing and accessories.
2. Contestant needs to wear Traditional Clothes.
3. Both male and female need to carry 5 dresses per episode for shooting period.
G. TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO CLAIM THE CONTEST PRIZE
1. The mode of delivery/obtaining the Contest Prize shall be communicated by Organizer to Contest Winner upon completion to the Contest Period at Organizer’s sole discretion.
2. Distribution of Contest Prize and related services shall be held at such venue and time, and of such class and/or values as may be decided by Organizer at its sole discretion.
3. Within a period of twenty four (24) hours from the announcement of the Winner(s), the Winners will have to send a direct message to the Contact address / Phone number ("Communication Platform") as may be notified by Organizer, with complete details of the Winner including their Names, Telephone No, Postal Address, E-mail Address & copy of photo ID proof (issued by Government authority) ("Contact Details"), failing which Organizer may or may not select another winner. In the event successful contact with the winner is not established (i.e. in case the Winner fails to provide contact Details to Organizer on the Communication Platform within twenty four (24) hours from the time of announcement of winner(s) for any reason whatsoever), that winner shall not be considered for the Prize and Organizer may/may not choose other winner at its sole discretion.
4. Upon receiving the Contest Details within the above mentioned timeline, if any details are found missing or Organizer requires any further information/clarification from the winner within a span of twenty four (24) hours of receiving Contact Details. However, in the event Organizer fails to establish successful contact with winner and/or is unable to coordinate the Prize delivery for any reason, Organizer shall be not be responsible and/or liable to make any further attempts and/or provide any alternate Prize to the Winner.
5. Organizer shall not be liable for any defect in the Contest Prize and makes no representation and/or warranty regarding the same and hereby expressly disclaims all other warranties, express or implied including but not limited to any implied warranty or merchantability or fitness as applicable of the Contest Prize.
6. The Prize does not include travel insurance, food and drink, personal expenditure such room service or incidental costs. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure they have travel insurance and obtain any necessary vaccinations at their own expenses.
H. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By participating in this contestant and submitting the entry, the Contestant is indicating his/her acceptance to these terms and agreement to be bound by these Terms.
2. Contestant shall be required to sing only Acharya Shree Bhajan during the auditions and all other rounds of contest.
3. The selection of the contestant(s) at and for any stage of contest shall be strictly by process of online registration, screening, auditions, knockout round, quarter finale, semi finale, grand finale. The panel of judges nominated by the Organizer shall be final authority for all the selections and judgments and their decision shall be treated as final and binding on all. The decision shall not be subject to any challenge on any ground whatsoever in any court of law or forum / platform in India or abroad.
4. Each contestant stands a chance of winning only once during the Contest and any subsequent wins if declared, will be automatically void.
5. Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant from participating in the Contest without assigning any reason. The decision of Organizer in this regard shall be final and binding upon the Contestants.
6. All the contestants of Grand Finale shall be bound to be associated with the Organizer for the period of next one year from the date of commencement of the contest. They shall not be engaged in any commercial deal for singing without obtaining prior written permission from Organizer.
7. Contestant(s) shall not be allowed to provide any internal information or any other information related to the contest without according prior approval of the Organizer.
8. All rights including intellectual property rights in all audio, video and other content created during the course of the contest, in all mediums and models shall be belong to and shall be sole and exclusive property of the organizer.
9. Contest is designed to provide a positive rights and encouraging performance experience for everyone. Organizer asks contestants, family and friends to support in maintaining the positive environment at all times. Anyone disrespecting to this will be asked to remove themselves from the event.
10. The Organizer shall have irrevocable and royalty free rights to use the content and entry submitted by the Contestants pursuant to the Contest.
11. Any information provided by contestants shall be the property of the Organizer and the final rights and authority to use the same is reserved by the Organizer. No claim for the same shall be entertained.
12. The Organizer reserves the final rights to amend, revise and update the terms and conditions for the contest any time at their sole and absolute discretion.
13. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or amend the Contest or any Terms thereof with notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation. Any changes of the contest will be notified to Contestant(s) as soon as possible by the Organizer.
14. Contest is strictly governed by the laws of INDIA including the Copyrights Act, 1957 and all disputes in relation to the Contest or these Terms shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of Courts of Agra.
15. The Contest Winner shall be eligible to win the Contest Prize as decided by Organizer at its sole discretion. Any and all taxes and/or levies applicable under the Laws of INDIA shall be borne by the Contest Winner in relation to the Contest Prize.
16. By participating in the Contest, each Contestant agrees to be bound by any decisions made by Organizer in its sole discretion, including any interpretations of the Terms and Conditions.
17. While accepting the Contest Prize, Contest Winner may be required to sign an “indemnity and release of claims” from provided by Organizer, as the case may be, which shall release Organizer of all liability. Failure to complete and sign any documents requested by Organizer may result in disqualification. All decisions of Organizer are final in this regard. In any event, by participating in this Contest, Contestant undertakes and represents that in no event Organizer shall be held responsible and/or liable for any cause of action arising out and/or reared to this Contest.
18. The Contestant Prize will be awarded pursuant to verification and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
19. Contest Prize is not transferable, assignable or exchangeable. The Contest Prize cannot be negotiated or refunded, and by no means will cash equivalent be given. Only the Contest Winner, and no other person or agent may claim the Contest Prize, as applicable. Contest Prize may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Contest Winner.
20. Organizer has the right to substitute the Contest Prize with any other prize, as determined by Organizer in its sole discretion. The Contest Winner shall be informed about the details of any such alternative prize by the Organizer.
21. Organizer reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to amend/change/vary any of the terms and conditions for the Contest and/or terminate the Contest at any time without any prior notice. By entering into the Contest the Contestant(s) agrees to such amended terms.
22. Under no circumstances, unless due to willful misconduct or negligence, shall Organizer and/or their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries, be liable for any contestant and/or any third party for any lost profits or lost opportunity, indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages whatsoever. The Contestant(s) specifically agrees not to file in person/through any family member and/or any third party any applications, criminal and/or evil proceedings in any courts or forum in India / or Abroad against Organizer and/or their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries to claim any damages or relief in connection with the Contest.
23. Contest Winner may be required to take part in reasonable post-competition publicity for Organizer or such third parties as may be only authorized by Organizer. Contest Winner may be filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded for publicity. By entering into the Contest, the Contest Winner waive all copyrights, rights of publicity and any related rights and consents Organizer or any third party authorized by the Organizer to have the right to picture, record audio-video, tape or portray him/her as a Contest Winner, and to exhibit this material in any and all media now existing or hereinafter created, including without limitation to television , film, radio and print media, without any compensation whatsoever for advertising and publicity purposes, except where prohibited by law. The Contest Winner also consent Organizer (including third parties authorized by Organizer) to have the right to use his/her name, voice, picture, audio-video recordings or the content of his/her Contest entry(ies) (collectively, the “Publicity Rights”).
24. Non-conformance by any Contestant and/or Contest Winner of the Contest will result in immediate disqualification of the Contestant/Contest Winner from participation or winning the Contest Prize as the case may be.
26. The transmission of information over the internet not being completely secure, Organizer strives to protect contestant personal data. However, Organizer cannot guarantee the security of data while it is being transmitted to the platforms or any other transmission, and the same is at your own risk.
27. The decisions of Organizer and its representatives shall be final and binding on all aspects of the Contest.
28. Participants in the Contest by submitting the entries will be construed as an acceptance of the above stated Terms and Conditions.
29. The Organizer shall not be responsible for any losses, damages, injury, mis-happenings to any contestant or any person accompanying the contestant on any account whatsoever, including due to Illness, accident.
*MAJOR POINTS TO REMEMBER
1. No hollywood/bollywood tune will be played in the bhajan’s. Better to send prepared bhajan (lyrics & tune) by the contestant(s) before the audition round, if get selected.
2. Contestant have to bring their own bhajan (lyrics & tunes) however organizer can handover any bhajan along with lyrics that to be sung by the contest participant.